- The Brand will provide – 2 White Jeep Grand Cherokee’s.
- The Brand will provide a Jeep/Chrysler dealership as a location for two days.
- A description of the exposure expected – i.e. “The lead character goes to the Jeep dealer and test drives a Jeep Cherokee.”
The agreement will provide a well defined measurement for the evaluation of the integration:
- A measurement of success –the Jeep logo and vehicle will be visible for a minimum of 30 seconds and there will be 2 verbal references as follows:
- The lead character test drives the car and tells the sales person “I love the Cherokee, let’s make a deal, and”
- The lead character gets home and brings his wife outside to see the car and says “We have a new Jeep in the family…”
The agreement will protect the brand:
- A liquidation clause – should the 30 seconds of exposure not occur client will receive a prorated refund of any fees paid. In addition, should the exposure not occur, the brand will receive a daily rental of $100 for each vehicle provided and location rental of $10,000 per day.
- A loss/damage clause – while an insurance rider will accompany the agreement, should the vehicles or location be damaged the producers will pay for such damages.
- If the integration does not meet the minimum measurements for success the brand will be relieved of any promotional or other obligations.
The agreement may also include conditional commitments and/or triggers:
- The brand will provide the 2 vehicles used in the entertainment property as prizes for an on-line promotion supporting the release of the production.
- Based on receiving the minimum exposure, the brand will promote the film in all dealerships with point of sale displays.
- Based on receiving the minimum exposure, the brand will tag their television commercials with “as seem in the movie title in theaters on the release date“.
While no placement or integration can be guaranteed, the producers or studio hold the right to edit the film as they deem necessary to tell the story. Sometimes this includes the elimination of a scene which includes the placement. With an agreement in place, the brand is better protected.